On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Priit Laes <plaes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> 2) Some of the modules already contain the brief description about the
> module. Having short description also helps people get a quick grips
> about the functionality that's implemented there..

While I agree with the remarks about copyright notices (at least for any
"normal" files - if a file is pulled from another source, I'm cool with
having its copyright blurb put at the top), I think module-level docstrings
can be quite useful.  I don't know about /requiring/ them, as that tends to
produce the same results as students who are told that every function must
have a Javadoc comment describing all of its parameters :), but having a
short line or two saying what the file contains, if non-obvious, is nice,
for those of us not that familiar with the codebase.