Hi,

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Aaron S. Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that renatocoutinho started porting some of the pages (like
> https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Quick-examples/_history).  Thanks for
> that!

Yes, I started to play with it, I have some handy regexps if anyone is
interested.

But now I'm somewhat confused, there are several sources of
documentation, and I don't know what each one should contain:

https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki
http://wiki.sympy.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://code.google.com/p/sfepy/w/list
http://docs.sympy.org/
http://sympy.googlecode.com/svn/api/sympy.html

My opinion is that we should have documentation centralized, and by
far the most beautiful and well organized is in docs.sympy.org (the
github math mode is ugly and doesn't show formulae correctly for me
sometimes).

Having a wiki, though, is also nice, we can replace the googlecode and
mediawiki with the github one. There's much redundancy between the
wiki and the main documentation (docs.sympy.org), so it looks unclear
to a newcomer which is THE documentation, especially because the wikis
are easy to find and don't even refer to the main doc page. Maybe the
wiki should have specialized uses, like gsoc, plans and ideas,
cookbook etc. and leave most of the usual docs to the docs.sympy.org
page.

I also think that a better structure in the wiki would be nice
(hierarchical instead of a list of all pages). I can do that, if
people don't like it, it's easy to revert back.

I don't know what is the status of the api documentation in
googlecode, there are references to it in the mediawiki wiki, several
of them broken.

Renato