> Can you write a few more words about the project? Which disturbance
> theory, how the corrections would be calculated and how sympy would be
> used, and which features will be improved?
>
> Ondrej
Thanks for questions, Ondrej.
Perturbation theory comprises mathematical methods that are used to
find an approximate solution to a problem which cannot be solved
exactly, by starting from the exact solution of a related problem.
Perturbation theory is applicable if the problem at hand can be
formulated by adding a "small" term to the mathematical description of
the exactly solvable problem. For example if we should calculate
approximation for hydrogen atom in magnetic field using eigenfunctions
and energy levels calculate without field.
Corrections will be calculated due to classic theory through
perturbation matrix elements. More about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perturbation_theory_(quantum_mechanics) .
SymPy will be used as tool set for it, because there implemented large
part of required functionality.
Also I want implement working with creation and annihilation operators
which will be good improvement, cause it simplify many calculations in
quantum theory.
Anatolii