On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Ronan Lamy <ronan.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le samedi 26 novembre 2011 à 14:06 +0100, Joachim Durchholz a écrit :
>> Issue link: http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=2867
>>
>> The idea here is to have a lambda expression instead of a string.
>> I.e. instead of
>>  >>> raises(TypeError, "Rational(2)*MyInt")
>> we want
>>  >>> raises(TypeError, lambda: Rational(2)*MyInt)
>>
>> This works very well, except when the code needs to test a statement
>> instead of an exception. I'd like to hear how to deal with these.
>
> As with most problems concerning the test suite, the best solution would
> be to use pytest: [http://pytest.org/latest/builtin.html#pytest.raises].

Alright, so is there any reason we can't move back to pytest now? I
know Aaron and Ondrej want to keep SymPy working in "pure" Python, but
development dependencies are fine and a normal users doesn't really
need to run tests. I also know you've been working on making us
compatible again, how is that progressing?

Aaron, Ondrej, what were the original reasons for moving away from
py.test and do they still apply?

Vladimir Perić