Am 26.11.2011 20:58, schrieb Vladimir Perić:
On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Joachim Durchholz<j...@durchholz.org>  wrote:
Am 26.11.2011 17:22, schrieb Ronan Lamy:

As with most problems concerning the test suite, the best solution would
be to use pytest: [http://pytest.org/latest/builtin.html#pytest.raises].

How does it avoid the use of strings as parameters?
(Note that to use raises() as a context manager, we need to advance Sympy's
minimum requirement from Python 2.4 to Python 2.5.)

I guess the point is that we don't need to reimplement things someone
already has (and pytest is used quite a bit).

I agree with that.

Also, the minimum Python is 2.5 since after version 0.7.0 -- where did
you get the impression that we still support 2.4? That should probably
change, wherever it was written.

I picked that up from http://code.google.com/p/sympy/wiki/DownloadInstallation?tm=2 .