Hi,

> I'm a third year undergraduate at the University of Chicago studying
> Mathematics. I read through the logic module documentation and it seems
> like sympy is currently limited to sentential logic. How much (if any)
> support is there for more advanced systems like Quantified Predicate Logic?

Since you read the code, you should know that there is currently no
support
beyond propositional logic. There is a dpll SAT solver implemented and
that's
about it. The logic stuff is handled by Christian Muise, my mentor for
GSoC
2011 and an all round nice guy. I contributed a few small patches as
well.

The idea is to develop it further, add support for higher order logic,
BDDs
and get it into a state so that we can do mechanical theorem proving
with it
(this is obviously a long term vision). I think the ideas page also
mentions
non classical logic like fuzzy logic.

> I would be interested in expanding the logic module to include Quantifiers,
> predicate logic, modal logic etc. Is there anyone with whom I can speak

I am not sure how useful modal logic will be. They have very little
use in
axiomatizing mathematical statements.