On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Comer Duncan <comer.dun...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>

> I have used this in my little implementation of the dual. Actually, I
> first wrote my own Levi-Civita function only to discover later that it
> is already done and in the tensor_functions module.   Thanks for
> checking.

grep is helpful in this regard. I knew that I had seen it before and if
it's in the namespace I do something like

```
>>> [w for w in dir() if 'Levi' in w]
['LeviCivita']

>>> help(LeviCivita)
Help on class LeviCivita in module sympy.functions.special.tensor_functions:

class LeviCivita(sympy.core.function.Function)
 |  Represent the Levi-Civita symbol.
 |
 |  For even permutations of indices it returns 1, for odd permutations -1,
and
 |  for everything else (a repeated index) it returns 0.
```

This doesn't help if it's not imported. In those cases, grep is your
friend...and the sympy list :-)

/c