Am 27.03.2012 20:45, schrieb Comer Duncan:
I am now starting to confront getting knowledge of git...

I have a github account, have been using the git master of sympy for
several weeks and do a git pull every once in a while.  For the making
and baking of my 'new' functions/methods, can I continue to use the
sympy I have and pull from to update or should I do another fork and
name it something else so as not to get confused about who is who?

My standing recommendation is to create a fork on github, follow the advice given there, then read the Pro GIT book ( http://progit.org/ ) - that's a workflow-oriented tour through git, I found it very enlightening.