Hello,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Comer <comer.dun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am having a problem with indentation in my current version of the
> dual_matrix method.  I have been working on the new methods in ipython
> notebooks (ver .13 dev), which I have found to be a very productive
> environment.  The newest version of the method works in the notebook.
> However, when I key it in using my default editor TextWranger in matrices.py
> and run test_matrices.py it complains about indendation.  But not in the
> notebook.  I said keyed in above since I am a bit leary to paste code from
> one app to another.  However, apparently I still have made some indentation
> error(s).  Very annoying.  I am attaching the code. Can you take a look and
> give me some idea about which part of the georgraphy is inducing a stumble?

For me, Python chews rather happily the piece of code you have shown.
I have even tried dual_matrix(None) to get an error (obviously).

However, I have noticed that, at times, you use spaces for indenting,
and at times there are tabs.  For example, line 21 is indented using a
tab, while line 22 is indented with spaces only; lines 25 and 26 are
indented with spaces at first and then with tabs, etc.  While I don't
have any trouble getting this code to run, I distinctly remember that
mixing spaces and tabs caused me some problems in a different
language.

This guy [0] says that mixing spaces and tabs can be bad, too :-)

Sergiu

[0]
http://www.cogsci.nl/blog/tutorials/136-fix-mixed-tabspace-indentation-in-python-code