On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:02:34 PM UTC-4, smichr wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Comer <comer.dun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > Umm.  Here is what I just tried on my local machine:
> >
> > [homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% pwd
> > /Users/comerduncan/sympy
> > [homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% git branch
> >   master
> > * test1
> > [homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% git push github test1
> > Everything up-to-date
> >
> > Also, I just checked the contents of my test1 branch at github and the
> > cheatsheet.tex file is present and the changes I have on my local machine
> > are present.
> >
> > Perhaps I am overlooking something?
> >

> Ahh, you pushed to your current working branch, not the one that is in
> the pull request (47b923f). So if you delete branch 47b923f (git
> branch -D 47b923f) and then from your test1 branch do (git checkout -b
> 47b923f) it will create a clone of your test1 branch. If you then push
> that (git push -f github 47b923f) it will update the pull request.

I am having a problem with the deletion of 47b923f.  Here is what I do on
my local machine in my sympy directory (branch test1):

[ComerMacPro:~] comerduncan% cd sympy
[ComerMacPro:~/sympy] comerduncan% git branch
  master
* test1
[ComerMacPro:~/sympy] comerduncan% git branch -D 47b923f
error: branch '47b923f' not found.

So, what gives?  Sorry.

Comer