On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Matthew Rocklin <mrock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do we direct a blog feed that we own to be posted on Planet SymPy? In
> particular does anyone know how to do this for a particular category or tag
> on a standard jekyll-bootstrap blog? I am not very familiar with this field.

It should be enough to add a link to the appropriate feed to the
planet.ini file (at [1]). You can see that people sometimes have it as
the "default" feed and more often as a single category feed; different
blog types are represented so I'm sure you'll find one to emulate. As
far as I can see, though, your blog is already there and syndicated
just fine. Do you have another blog? If so post it and I could add
you.

[1] https://github.com/sympy/planet.sympy.org/blob/master/planet.ini

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.cer...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > So clearly we need a more robust mechanism for this.
>>
>> Right. The solution is to move the gh-pages branch of planet.sympy.org
>> away from the sympy github organization,
>> so that we can keep committing to it every 30 minutes or so without
>> generating spurious commit log in our github sympy organization feed.
>> That means we need to update where the planet.sympy.org is served
>> from, etc. I'll try to do it soon.
>>
>> Then I just change the update script to always do a git commit
>> (currently it doesn't do it if only the time stamp changed, but not
>> any new blog posts).
>>
>> That way, if github doesn't update the pages (this happens *very*
>> rarely), it will get updated in the next 30 minutes with the next run.
>> This should be very robust.
>>
>> Ondrej
>>
>> --

Vladimir Perić