On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM, David Joyner <wdjoy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM, David Joyner
>
>>> I have no idea if it worked or not.
>>
>> You have a branch called crypto, but it is identical to master.  Make
>> sure that you actually committed your changes and that you push that.
>>
>> And once you push the branch, that does not automatically create a
>> pull request. You then need to go to your page on github and click the
>> "pull request" button at the top.
>

> I did this:
>

> david@box:~/pythonfiles/sympy$ git commit -m "crypto: basic crypto functions"
> # On branch master
> # Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.

This is the issue. You are not on the crypto branch, you are on
master. You need to first switch to the crypto branch (git checkout
crypto), then commit.

Since you already did this, the solution is to create the crypto
branch off of your master (which has the crypto commit).  You can do

git branch -d crypto # delete your current crypto branch
git branch crypto # create a new one. this will be based off where you
are now, which is master
git checkout master # go back to master
git reset --hard origin/master # put master back where it should be

WARNING: Make sure you don't have any uncommitted changes before
running the last command (if "git diff" shows you anything, don't do
it, or it will clear those changes).

At this point, push up the changes (git push github).

Aaron Meurer