Amit,

Hi, welcome to SymPy!

> 2.Quantum Mechanics module :
>          (i) Adding more features to spin section (Sean Vig has given a lead
> on this and I am working my way out on what can be done).(Will come out with
> some ideas by the end of the month)

OK great, Sean is definitely the person to work with on the spin
stuff.  He would know exactly what needs to be done.

>          (ii) From the ideas page I find three topics interesting but have
> to work on this to get the understanding of what is going on
>             Dirac Delta Notation,  position and momentum basis (I have tried
> to understand the code in the pull request) symbolic quantum computing.

The dirac notation stuff is basically done.  But the position and
momentum stuff needs a lot of work.  There was a bunch of work done
previously and there is an open pull request that has some additional
work.  This is an important part of the code base, but just a warning:
it is extremely difficult and you will have to have a very good
understanding of quantum mechanics (probably at the graduate level or
close to it) and know python well.  If you are interested in this I
would just start to dig into the code and the open pull request on the
topic and see what you think needs to be done.

> Even the tensor module sounds pretty interesting but my understanding would
> be not be that mathematical as I have just used them in physics (I can work
> upon on it).
>
>         Coming to the background I have in the subject I have been doing a
> course on Integral transforms back at the university and have done a course
> in quantum computation and have been guided by the professors in the area of
> Quantum Physics.I know this is very much not in place but I would work on
> the Quantum Physics part and would move through the code and figure out how
> it has to be done.I would like to know your view on this topic as there
> would be medium work done to both the modules (would like to know the take
> on the first one and is it possible to squeeze a project by contributing
> evenly to two modules rather than one (since neither both ideas would stand
> alone as a single long project).Thanks.

There is additional work to be done on the quantum computing stuff:

* Quantum error correction
* Quantum circuit simplification/optimization
* Better circuit drawing
* Use numba/cython/julia to generate fast code for simulating quantum circuits.

Hope this gives you an idea of where to start.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian E. Granger
bgran...@calpoly.edu and elliso...@gmail.com