I'm still not clear what exact things this module would compute. Can you
give some example pseudocode of what the final module might look like?

Aaron Meurer

On Mar 26, 2013, at 4:22 PM, Amit Jamadagni <bitsjamada...@gmail.com> wrote:

As per my understanding goes we have the cases where the kernel is specific
to certain transforms.
So here the basic math behind the theory is as follows :

I[f(a)] = integral(f(x).k(a,x)) where k(a,x) is the kernel.

So the most general case would be giving a function of two variables and
the function to be transformed.

So applying conditions on the kernel would end up in different transform
spaces .
For example the Fourier Kernel .

It is symmetric kernel the kernels which result in same effect on
interchanging k(a,x) and I[f(a)]. This is the base but by using this we end
up with a condition on k(a,x) in mellins space

where in k(a,x) is a fourier kernel if mellins transform of k(s) (where s
is some variable) is some K(s) then it should satisfy K(s).K(1-s) = 1.

This can be even extended to asymmetric kernels.I am still in the process
of learning and this is the basic framework I would like to develop upon.

This implementation may not cater to the needs of a GSoC project.So my idea
was to implement this and improve the spin module as suggested earlier.Is
this valid and if so as the implementation of both is medium can I include
both in the proposal so that it would end up being a long project.Hope I
was clear in delivering my idea across.Thanks.