Hi Sachin,

Some things I'd like to be there in the electrodynamics module:
1. Point Charges, Continuous charge distributions - Electric Field and
Potential
2. Magnetic field - Magnetic Vector Potential
3. Maxwell's Equations
5. Energy, Momentum Conservations - Poynting Vector, Momentum Tensor
6. Relativistic Electrodynamics

are some broad fields that are in general useful.
The specifics, I guess I'll have to think about it.

Right now, I don't even see curl,grad and divergence in the sympy module.
Also, support for curvilinear co-ordinates is lacking.

So, a lot of work needs to be done.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Sachin Joglekar <srjoglekar...@gmail.com>wrote:

> To correct Jason, I had set out to build an electromagnetism module, but
> we realised many issues with the framework that needed to be solved first.
> Currently, I have an open PR that deals with the field functions you
> mentioned. It will be integrated into the new sympy.physics.vector module.
> I also have an open PR dealing with electrostatics, which you can
> contribute to. For electrodynamics, especially the E-M interactions, our
> vector framework would need to be beefed up, with advanced vector calculus.
> The idea for that is up here - https://pydy.org/gsoc_2014_ideas . About
> having support for spherical/cylindrical coordinates, Prasoon would be able
> to guide you better.
> You can start by looking at how you would implement these enhancements to
> the core first, and then proceed. What would you like to see in the module
> you propose?
>

> On Monday, February 10, 2014 7:09:44 PM UTC+5:30, Rajath Shashidhara wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm interested in implementing electrodynamics in sympy.
>> Any thoughts about this?
>>
>> I don't seem to find any documentation about grad, divergence, and curl.
>> Are they implemented?
>> I'm willing to do this as well.
>>
>> Please give me feedback.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>  --

Rajath S,
M.Sc(Hons.) Physics, B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science
Birla Institute of Technology and Science - Pilani,
Pilani