If a new Vector module is made for sympy, it might increase the problem of
distributed vector,tensor,matrices,diff geom,geom algebra problem. [
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Linear-Algebra-Vision]. I guess the
problem pointed out by this wiki page will increase. The vector algebra
we'll need is just a Linear Vector Space.

Also, Instead of adding a new vector module, what about increasing the
functionality of the sympy.physics.vector module ?
So, any suggestions regarding this?

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Sachin Joglekar <srjoglekar...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The problem was mainly delays and a lot of issues integrating it with the
> SymPy's core. The main problem we faced was incorporating
> vectorial-operation classes into the current SymPy hierarchy. I had tried
> to work on the same for Dyadics - assuming Prasoon's work as a base. The PR
> was eventually closed. Have a look at it here -
> https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/2306/files. I would love to see
> support for various types of coordinate systems in SymPy. As many of us
> @PyDy have discussed before, it would be great to have a vector calculus
> core for physics, that runs off SymPy's basic architecture. Prasoon's
> project was a step in that direction. I don't exactly know why it wasn't
> merged, maybe Stefan can answer that. However, feel free to extend his work
> and send a PR as get comfortable.
>
> On Monday, February 10, 2014 7:09:44 PM UTC+5:30, Rajath Shashidhara wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm interested in implementing electrodynamics in sympy.
>> Any thoughts about this?
>>
>> I don't seem to find any documentation about grad, divergence, and curl.
>> Are they implemented?
>> I'm willing to do this as well.
>>
>> Please give me feedback.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>  --

Rajath S,
M.Sc(Hons.) Physics, B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science
Birla Institute of Technology and Science - Pilani,
Pilani