On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Sushant Hiray <hiraysush...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> I would simply translate the `t.py` implementation to C++ in CSymPy.
>> I don't think it's hard. Just implement the "TrigFunction" class which
>> implements the gist of the algorithm and then implement the actual
>> Sin, Cos, Tan classes as in `t.py`.
>>
>> There will probably be some corner cases, so it's good to spend some time
>> on this and get this right.
>>

> True. I went through the code and I guess the code is not that hard.
> So I shaped my timeline accordingly.
>

>> We'll also probably want to extend it to functions like sec(), but getting
>> sin/cos/tan right is more important.
>>

> Yeah, sure! That is the aim. Well we could atleast use them as the
> reciprocal
> of `sin`,`cos`,`tan` just for the sake of completeness.
>

>> > Also adding python wrappers should be a decent plus.
>> >

> I do not have any experience regarding this. Though surely we can try this
> out. I did give it a place in the timeline :)

> I have written a rough timeline. There can still be some more changes before
> it gets finalized. Do give me some inputs regarding how it looks.
> Too optimistic maybe?

I looked at the timeline, I don't think it's too optimistic. Obviously things
go a little slower in C++ than in Python, but it's really not that difficult.

I think the trig stuff can be done sooner, I don't expect any major issues.
The Complex stuff might trigger some issues that we might to tackle, we'll see.

Otherwise looks good to me.

Ondrej

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CADDwiVCXRqYLhHdf2FqFNodhpsGRuFjGnUshOPNsBaiesF0%3DpA%40mail.gmail.com.