> I ran the notebook. No window appears for me
.
I also ran the notebook, the plot window appears for me though. The plots
are interactive :).

> My idea is to make this work inside the browser itself, so that it works
for everybody (and myself too).

I agree with ondrej that it is better to be inside the browser itself.

> I searched around a bit, and it turns out there is already:
>
> %matplotlib notebook

I also tried this with:

%matplotlib inline

The plots appear fine, although they are not interactive. However, they do
appear when I re-executive the cell. Maybe we need the best of both. :)

> So a good project would be
> to improve this matplotlib / jupyter interaction. It's not even really
> related to sympy, but I'll be happy to get somebody from matplotlib to
> help us mentor this. I think this would be very useful. There could be
> sympy bits to improve too. E.g. perhaps sympy documentation and more
> examples how to do 2D and 3D plots, perhaps adding some more
> functionality.

I agree. I will also try to investigate what possible features can be
added.

Regards
*Sartaj Singh*

*Mathematics and Computing*,