IMO, Oscar is suggesting a nice idea. Using wrappers for the APIs already
existing for plotting just slows down the computation of overall results.
If the SymPy wrappers for plotting module aren't making any difference in
the algorithms for plotting then may be we can remove them though it would
be a drastic change. Other approach can be to stop extending it further and
just focussing on fixing the current bugs.
My views are based on a high level idea of plotting module, someone with
more experience should take the decision regarding this.

Thanks.

With Regards,
Gagandeep Singh
Github - https://www.github.com/czgdp1807