Hello and Welcome.

Glad to see your interest in this realm.

> *I wanted to ask if anybody choose this topic(Symbolic Control Systems)?
and if this topic is chosen by another student, I have to choose another
topic, or is it possible to work as multiple students on one topic?*

I suppose no one has asked publicly on the mailing list yet, on this
topic.  Anyways, you *can* submit a proposal if you like the idea and are
willing to work on it.  It *is* possible for more than one student to work
on a particular idea, and usually, it depends on how important the topic is
for the organization.  You can still make contributions to it regardless of
whether your proposal is accepted or not.  If you would like to seriously
give it a try this year, then a good GSoC application includes enough
familiarity with the sympy codebase (i.e. you need to make some
contributions before GSoC), pleasant interaction with the community, and
the desire/knowledge about the proposed idea.

Regards,