On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 3:24 PM Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j.benja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 at 20:58, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 12:59 PM Oscar Benjamin <
> oscar.j.benja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've just released the release candidate SymPy 1.10rc1. If no issues
> >> are reported then this will be released as SymPy 1.10 in around 1
> >> week's time. Please test this out with your code and downstream
> >> libraries because it's best if any new bugs can be fixed before the
> >> final release of 1.10.
> >>
> >> The release notes are here:
> >> https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-1.10

By the way, a minor note, I had to update the supported Python versions in
the header for the 1.10 and 1.11 release notes pages. Whatever process you
are using to create the new pages is based on an old version of the release
notes.

> >> Some work is needed to tidy up the release notes. Please everyone who
> >> has contributed anything recently check through to see if your release
> >> notes look reasonable. Note that anyone can edit the release notes in
> >> the wiki. If anyone has any questions about any of the release notes
> >> now then feel free to reply here and I'll take a look.
> >

> > I added a couple of documentation things to the highlights.
>
> Yes, I should have said that there have been some significant changes
> to the docs. This is the 1.9 docs:
>
>     https://docs.sympy.org/latest/index.html
>
> This is how the 1.10 docs will look:
>
>     https://docs.sympy.org/dev/index.html
>
> There is a lot of work going on around the docs right now so I expect
> that the 1.11 docs will be more noticeably different again.
>
> > With the deprecations now in the docs, it's easy to add the new
> deprecations by looking at
> https://docs.sympy.org/dev/explanation/active-deprecations.html#version-1-10,
> and starting with 1.11, it will also be easy to note which items were
> removed from that page to notate which deprecated things were removed.
>
> Yes, that is an improvement.
>
> Another thing that has changed between 1.9 and 1.10 is the way that
> the AUTHORS file is updated which streamlines the release process a
> bit. There's one other thing that I'd like to do which is to move the
> release notes into the codebase itself rather than the wiki. Then we
> could be quite close to a fully automated release process but it would
> mean further disruption to the PR workflow.
>
> I have hit a small snag with the 1.10rc1 release which is that after
> installing it and running the tests on my computer I now see that
> sympy/external/tests/test_pythonmpq.py fails when gmpy2 is installed.
> I guess those particular tests are not run in the optional
> dependencies job in CI...

I get several other failures as well, as noted at
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/23061 (I didn't double check if these
are all relevant for the 1.10 branch, but I'm guessing they are).