On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 10:25 +0100, Alain Knaff wrote:
> syncevolution does have a SSLServerCertificates setting in
> .config/syncevolution/default/peers/<peer>/config.ini
>
> After pointing this to the file for the CA certificate (StartSSL), as
> found out by stracing wget, everything works fine:
>
> SSLServerCertificates = /etc/certs/common-ca/33815e15.0
>

> Pointing it to the CA certificate directory does not work though:
>
> [INFO] CurlTransport Failure: error setting certificate verify locations:
>   CAfile: /etc/certs/common-ca/
>   CApath: none
>

> Maybe syncevolution could check whether the setting points to a file or
> to a directory, and set CApath rather than CAfile if it is a directory?

"CURLOPT_CAPATH" - "This option is OpenSSL-specific and does nothing if
libcurl is built to use GnuTLS." - how is libcurl built on the N900?

I don't mind adding such a feature, I just don't know whether it'll
help.

> Also, wouldn't "SSLCACertificates" be a more appropriate name (it is
> supposed to point to a CA certificate rather than a server certificate,
> or does it accept both?)

That depends a lot on the underlying transport and/or platform.
SyncEvolution just passes that value through.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.