On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 23:15 +0100, Alain Knaff wrote:
> On 2011-11-01 20:24, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 17:46 +0100, Alain Knaff wrote:
> >> What call does does it use to pass that variable?
> >
> > That depends on the transport.
> >
> > libsoup: g_object_set SOUP_SESSION_SSL_CA_FILE
> > libcurl: curl_easy_setopt CURLOPT_CAINFO
> > libneon (WebDAV backend): ne_ssl_trust_default_ca for system
> > certificates, ignores SSLCACertificates setting
> >
> > In all cases SyncEvolution never deals with the content of the setting
> > itself. Instead it relies on the library that it calls to do something
> > sensible with it.
> >

> Unfortunately, according to
> http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTCAINFO ,
> libcurl does not "do something sensible" with it. Instead it always
> takes the parameter to be a CAfile, even if it is a directory.
> So, apparently, the app is supposed to do this check itself, and use
> CURLOPT_CAPATH if it passes a directory.
>
> I agree that the naming is indeed misleading. Calling it CURLOPT_CAFILE
> would have made more sense, but they probably have their reasons...

I don't mind writing some extra code for doing this check, but hadn't
you already tried that without success? You said "just tried to set
CURLPOPT_CAPATH (and unset SSLServerCertificates in .config again...):
doesn't work".

So it would be the right thing to do on some platform/configuration (I'm
not even sure where), but wouldn't help on the N900, would it?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.