On 2011-11-01 20:24, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 17:46 +0100, Alain Knaff wrote:
[...]
>> ltrace also shows that the only environment variable accessed by
>> syncevolution is SYNCEVOLUTION_DEBUG
>
> That's a bit surprising. The 1.2 binaries from syncevolution.org (with
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's probably the reason, I've only got 1.1.99.6-1 on my N900.

I checked syncevolution.org to see whether there are any newer N900
binaries on there, but I'm having trouble setting up the correct
repositories:
http://syncevolution.org/documentation/installation points to
http://maemo.org/packages/view/syncevolution-frontend/ for N900
installation, but the versions listed on that page are even older (0.12
and 0.9)...

[...]
>> What call does does it use to pass that variable?
>
> That depends on the transport.
>
> libsoup: g_object_set SOUP_SESSION_SSL_CA_FILE
> libcurl: curl_easy_setopt CURLOPT_CAINFO
> libneon (WebDAV backend): ne_ssl_trust_default_ca for system
> certificates, ignores SSLCACertificates setting
>
> In all cases SyncEvolution never deals with the content of the setting
> itself. Instead it relies on the library that it calls to do something
> sensible with it.

Unfortunately, according to
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTCAINFO ,
libcurl does not "do something sensible" with it. Instead it always
takes the parameter to be a CAfile, even if it is a directory.
So, apparently, the app is supposed to do this check itself, and use
CURLOPT_CAPATH if it passes a directory.

I agree that the naming is indeed misleading. Calling it CURLOPT_CAFILE
would have made more sense, but they probably have their reasons...

Regards,

Alain