On 02/11/11 08:06, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 23:15 +0100, Alain Knaff wrote:
[...]
> I don't mind writing some extra code for doing this check, but hadn't
> you already tried that without success? You said "just tried to set
> CURLPOPT_CAPATH (and unset SSLServerCertificates in .config again...):
> doesn't work".

What I did was to set the CURLPOPT_CAPATH _environment_variable_, and
that didn't work. Maybe libcurl on N900 doesn't check the environment,
but does accept the relevant setting if passed in via curl_easy_setopt ?

Unfortunately, I currently don't have access to a compilation
environment for the N900, so I can't check whether such a code change
would indeed fix the problem.

> So it would be the right thing to do on some platform/configuration (I'm
> not even sure where), but wouldn't help on the N900, would it?

As far as I understand this distinction between CURLPOPT_CAINFO and
CURLPOPT_CAPATH is platform independent. The checking of the environment
or of ~/.curlrc files may however depend on the platform (if the
maintainers of libcurl on the N900 left those out in order to create a
more "light-weight" version?)

Regards,

Alain