Hmm I can live bookmark the http://blog.websurf.ro/rss2.xml address
and it validates great so I'm blaming the parser. Anybody else have
thoughts?


On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:00:40 -0000, theputerfixer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  
>  
>  Hello,
>  
>  I had a WP 1.2 blog with a few modifications to make it
>  Google-friendly: the syndication files, wp-rss2.php and so on, were
>  renamed to the files searched by Google automatically: rss2.xml etc.
>  Of course, a few .htaccess changes were required, but it worked. Then,
>  I upgraded to WP 1.5 and didn't make the file modifications again
>  because Google now knows to index WP feeds directly. Just to keep old
>  linkers happy, in my webhost's control panel I added redirects from
>  rss2.xml to wp-rss2.php and so on. And they work.
>  
>  The problem I'm having is that Syndic8 has been indexing the old blog
>  just fine, but for some reason it can't parse the new version. I see
>  the Syndic8 spider requesting the rss2.xml and being redirected to
>  wp-rss2.php with result OK (200) in server logs. Syndic8 poll results
>  indicate "HTTP Status: 200" but "Line 1: syntax error" for almost a
>  month. Is it a problem with it handling Apache redirects? Is it a
>  problem with its parser, since the RSS2 validates on feedvalidator?
>  And finally -- is it something I can fix?
>  
>  Syndic8 # 274145
>  
>  Many thanks in advance, have an excellent week-end ahead!
>  
>  - Titel
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
> 
>  If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  (this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
>  
>  To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
>  http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
>  (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
>  
>  To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit
> http://www.syndic8.com/ 
> 
>  
>  
>  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
>  
>  ADVERTISEMENT
>  
>  
>  ________________________________
>  Yahoo! Groups Links
>  
>  
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/
>   
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 


-- 
Joseph Becher
<a 
href="http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&amp;id=2394&amp;t=1";>Get
Firefox!</a>


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to