--- In [email protected], Stuart Whitmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This does relate to a recent discussion about how to handle moving a
> feed from one address to another.  If I remember correctly, the gist
> of that discussion was that the new address should use a new feed
> entry in the Syndic8 database, rather than using redirects, so that
> there would be a record of both addresses.  The old feed would be
> marked Dead and have a note showing the new location.  Am I right
> about that?  (I have a feed I'm preparing to move, so this will impact
> what I do next for that feed.)

That's a good idea, Stuart; since I'm a reviewer on syndic8, my first
action was to mark my own URL as dead and add a note regarding the
redirect for #274145. Then, I have submitted the correct feed URL, it
has the ID #352549. All should be just fine now.

My mistake for not knowing the correct procedure. Thanks for all the
time you took into finding a solution to my original question. I hope
that I'll be able to return the service by contributing as a (good)
reviewer for syndic8.

Have a great week-end, everyone!

- Titel








------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to