1.
I don't find "Shape Tool" to be confusing at all. The verb "shape" is
mostly used with abstract concepts ("to shape a statement"), and
sometimes for 3D objects ("to shape a piece of clay"). In the context
of 2D animation, I wouldn't think of it as a verb. Plus, the icon on
the toolbox helps identify what the tool does.

The tool names that actually confuse me are Sketch vs. Draw. The icons
and names are so similar that I always pick the wrong one.

(Other possible names for the BLine tool include Bezier Tool, Pen
Tool, or Pencil Tool.)

2.
In the context of the parameters panel, my preference is still a
Spline parameter, which consists of Vertices/Points, where each
vertex/point has an Origin and two Tangents.

3.
Similarly to "shape", I don't think that "handle" would be confused
for a verb. A "door handle" is a noun, so I think "tangent handle",
etc. would be recognized as nouns, too. Without the adjective, I
suspect that "handles" will mostly be used as a plural.

One thing to consider is that "Bezier handle" is essentially a
standard term for what we call a Tangent Duck.

4.
About embedding files on import: the SIF file format isn't designed to
embed raster images inside of it. And I don't think adding that would
be a good idea. I suggest that the "embed" option be available for
other SIF files only.

~Nikita