Eliot,

TLS vs. 3195 *was* a community request and very though decision. You can
not simply change that bullet point.

Just a few quick pointers before I need to leave for a meeting:

http://www.mail-archive.com/syslog%40lists.ietf.org/msg00643.html

probably this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/syslog%40lists.ietf.org/msg00379.html

and then messages up to:

http://www.mail-archive.com/syslog%40lists.ietf.org/msg00182.html

This is eventually also relevant:

http://www.mail-archive.com/syslog@lists.ietf.org/msg00015.html

And this is probably the ultimate link, though quite time-consuming:

http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=3195%20tcp&[EMAIL PROTECTED]&
start=0

Sorry for that much reading material, but this has been discussed quite
controversal.

Rainer

I'm