> What is "primary arch"?  The arch of init? ls? the package manager?
As far as I know today there is no true symmetric multiarch. Every multiarched
system has one clear primary arch. And several additional arches. So, today (I
think) the parameter ARCH should content all arches and the primary arch should
go first. If this situation changes in the future, then ARCH can be list of
equal arches.

> usually the kernel ones?
Yes, this is good idea. But then, of course, this is arch of this system's own
kernel, not arch of current running kernel.