On Sat, Apr 06, 2013 at 10:41:44PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 06.04.2013 22:37, schrieb Askar Safin:
> >> What is "primary arch"?  The arch of init? ls? the package manager?
> > As far as I know today there is no true symmetric multiarch. Every
> > multiarched system has one clear primary arch. And several additional
> > arches. So, today (I think) the parameter ARCH should content all arches
> > and the primary arch should go first. If this situation changes in the
> > future, then ARCH can be list of equal arches.
> >
> >> usually the kernel ones?
> > Yes, this is good idea. But then, of course, this is arch of this system's
> > own kernel, not arch of current running kernel.
>
> i would wonder if this below is not predictable the arch from the running
> kernel
>
> [harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ /usr/bin/uname -i
> x86_64
Exactly. Current arch is easily accessible through standard tools,
e.g. uname(1) and uname (2), and there's little point in putting
this in a static file which can become outdated on next boot. Also,
with debian/ubuntu multiarch, the difference between primary arch
and the rest is quite thin.

Zbyszek