--- alan tobin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the marathon you must have muscles and connective tissue strong
> enough to handle the pounding.

That's been a commonly held belief for some time now, but I think it's
being pretty heavily refuted by the current crop of 5k/10k studs
re-writing the record books.  Tergat, Geb, Radcliffe, and now Rutto come
to mind, and Laroupe and Khannouchi did their share of track running
before focusing on the roads.  As far as I know, their respective
physiologies haven't changed as they've moved up.

Dan

=====
http://AbleDesign.com - Web Design & Custom Programming
http://Run-Down.com - 10,000 Running Links, Fantasy T&F