I misspoke. I confused Salazar's 1980 and 1981 marks at NYC. It was his second marathon that was under the old WR, albeit temporarily due to course measurement error.

RMc

At 09:15 PM 10/15/2003 -0400, malmo wrote:
Perhaps you misspoke, or perhaps this is yet another of your
embellishments? Salazar's debut was never under the WR.

We're all track fans here and you have little chance of getting any your
numerous whoppers past us. Why keep trying? I just don't get it?

malmo

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richard McCann
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 2:15 PM
To: alan tobin
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Re: t-and-f: fwd: Marathon debutant Rutto, Boston champ
Zakharova win at Chicago

>The record KK came within 20 seconds of wasn't 2 weeks old but 9 years
>old. It should also be known that KK isn't off my suspicion list
either.

So now a 9 year old record is considered weak, and it's OK for a debut
mark
to be near that record?  Rutto's debut was 8 seconds off a 4 year old
record mark--that doesnt' seem too out of line.  And remember that
Salazar's debut was momentarily under the old WR, and even with the time

correction was extremely close.

RMc

>I think we should adopt the cycling federations hematocrit test. If
>you're
>over 50 then you're out for "health reasons"

The ICU is refusing to join the WADA.  I don't know the circumstances,
but
perhaps someone can fill us in on the reasons.  I know that cycling may
be
dumped from the Olympics for this.

RMc