>All the talk yesterday about relay legs gave rise to the following thought
>... If I could put together any foursome in the  4 x 1 and 4 x 4 who would
>it be ??? Here's what I would consider to be Dream Teams in the relays ..
>Any better ??
>
>4x1
>
>1- Jon Drummond
>2- Ron Brown
>3 - Calvin Smith
>4- Bob Hayes

Any better?  Sure, Maurice Greene and Carl Lewis are/were certainly faster
than Brown and Drummond, and they are experienced relay men.  Assuming you
had a time machine so that everyone was in his prime and that you could
convince 4 big-time stars to actually pass the baton to one another, you
could certainly put together a faster team than the one you list.  And if
they don't have to all be Americans several other names would come to mind
as possibilities too.

Kurt Bray