Sideshow wrote:

> What kind of evidence would you use? Sure, there is strong evidence that
the East Germans used drugs. But I'm sure you could get people to testify
and provide evidence that lots of other athletes were doped but never tested
positive. Couldn't the fact that Marion Jones is married to and shares
coaches/management with someone who tested positive be incriminating enough
to subpoena a bunch of witnesses to testify against her? Kee-rist, where
would it end?

That would be speculation and of course if you subscribed to speculation it
could end no where .. Sorry I suggested that we attempt to do something ..
Perhaps we should just leave things as they are .. Totally screwed up .. Now
there is the sensible thing to do .. At least there is no fear of litigation
.. Pretty sorry if that is what is governing the sport - fear of litigation
.. Not saying I have all the answers immediately off the top of my head ..
But I am sure there are ways to do it that will work if folks set that as a
goal and priority instead of hiding behind the fear of litigation ... Lord
knows our sport is thriving and number one on everyone's list .. No need to
go screwing with that ..

Conway Hill