In a message dated Fri, 19 Jan 2001  3:55:45 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Martin J.
Dixon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
We aren't
talking about those marks. We're talking about known dirty marks that have been
admitted to. Whatever the fall-out is from thatis irrelevant. Not knowing
whether other marks are dirty is no reason not to expunge known dirty marks. I
won't even comment on the point that if dirty marks are removed that it will be
difficult to construct some kind if list. That's GH's
problem.
Regards,
 Martin

No, it would be a problem for all of us. I was in favor of wiping out ALL world
records at the end of last year, but to set up some kind of investigation to
selectively get rid of dirty WR's would be deadly for the sport. Track's few headlines
are already dominated by drugs. Can you imagine every few weeks the headline:

Another Track World Record Determined to Be Dirty

???

Don't say I'm hiding my head in the sand or that I'm not anti-drugs. Purging records
would just be yet another nail in the coffin of the sport.
sideshow