Garry says:

>Anybody who thinks times have to be fast for a race to be meaningful don't
>appreciate the sport to the fullest.

I don't think a race has to be particularly fast to be exciting (heck, I can
get a lot of enjoyment out of a competitive middle school girls' race), but
I would like to be convinced that the athletes involved were at least
TRYING.

The question I have for this particular race is: why?  What's the point of
everyone running like that?  I don't get it.

As it is, this race reminds me of those absurd bicycle velodrome races where
they creep around the track at a near standstill and then burst into a
furious sprint right at the end, or those boring basketball games where both
teams stall for the entire game.  Is this what we want track and field races
to evolve into?  If so, count me out.

Kurt Bray