In a message dated 12/31/01 12:35:04 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Can this chip timing record team standing at every 5 km split and report
>
>those standing to a press room and TV in real time?

Tom, I'm pretty sure this technology exists right now. Those of us stuck in
the press room watching the TV feeds haven't experienced it, but folks at
home in front of their computers could track individual runners' progress vie
these very same mats. All it would take is inputting the data into a race
scoring computer that would have the team registration info and spit out the
intermediate scores as required.

Jim Gerweck
Running Times
also hungry for new technology, but usually starving in the lunch line at the
BAA press room.