Am 19.06.2012 11:35, schrieb Martin Vonwald:
2012/6/19 aighes <o...@aighes.de>:
I think it would be better to have this information in the
route=road-relation ;-)
You have a relation for SSĀ§ and a relation for E45...why you need the same
information at the way?
Isn't this a different information? The ref in the relation is the
reference of a specific route. The ref on the way is the (main)
reference of the way. Am I wrong?
I think it's the same information, because A1, SS3 or whatever are routes, containing ways and a way could contain many routes. Maybe there is a main-route, which you could tag in ref=*, but which route should it be? In some countries several routes are on the signs (international and national route).

It's the same "problem" as we have with cycle-routes. Typical they are only exist as a route-relation.

Henning