Hi André,

I agree with you that this Keepright error message is not useful, but my
"solution" is different from yours:
I tend to think that KeepRight is wrong here. Something CAN be
natural=water and leisure=whatever in common - and why not?
Your example is perfectly valid, and others are as well.

natural=water, leisure=fishing (I think that was your example)
natural=water, leisure=swimming
natural=water|heath|grassland|..., leisure=nature_reserve
natural=water, leisure=wildlife_hide

and many more.

But it's not necessarily you who's wrong, it's KeepRight in this case.
Of course the OSM tagging scheme in some places has it's drawbacks, but
that's (technically) the case where more than one value would have to be
applied to the same key, e.g. amenity=cafe + amenity=restaurant, or
whatever else.
In this case it's an IMHO wrong interpretation by KeepRight.

regards
Peter