Am 22.07.2013 06:53, schrieb Bryce Nesbitt:

> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 7:21 PM, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us
> <mailto:cliff...@snowandsnow.us>> wrote:
>
>     I'm in favor of keeping addresses on vacant lots. Vacant lots often
>     get rebuilt....
>
>     It would be nice if we had an option to retain the address node.
>     JOSM is easier, just delete the unwanted tags. I haven't figured out
>     an easy method of converting a polygon to a node when the building
>     is raised.
>

> To covert: "copy" the building's way, and "paste tags" onto the new node.

You can reuse one of the building nodes, no need for a new node !

+1 for keeping.

The major problem I have:

The common tools do not take an address from a surrounding/parent
polygon and use to it to get display the address. Even nominatum does
not handle that right.

I even had to move some shops in the past, as the moved to a new address.

fly

P.S.: I even had to move some shops in the past, as the moved to a new
address.