On 02/14/2014 06:33 PM, John Packer wrote:

    What does taginfo suggest people are currently tagging places with
    an "all you can eat" option as?

The closest I was able to find were 2 uses of cuisine=all_you_can_eat, 1 use of note=all_you_can_eat, 5 uses of buffet=yes and 68 uses of cuisine=buffet. The tag cuisine=buffet might have a considerable number of uses, however cuisine=* describes the type of food, not /the way/ the food is served. Also my proposal is not specific to buffets, and allows other styles of all-you-can-eat syles(like rodízios).

I'm not sure about the other countries, but I can say this tag will be pretty useful in Brazil, where things like rodízios and buffets are considerably common.
Of course, I tried to include every case I could imagine.

    John Packer wrote:

        http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/All_you_can_eat

    What does taginfo suggest people are currently tagging places with
    an "all you can eat" option as?

    I'm not convinced that this necessarily needs a proposal...

    Cheers,

    Andy

The problem with "cuisine=all_you_can_eat" is that "All you can eat" is a pricing scheme, not a cuisine. This would prevent tagging with the actual cuisine, such as "cuisine=Chinese" or "cuisine=Mediterranean".

--
John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.