Following from Aleksandr Dezhin's "Why not use admin_level=* without
capital=yes?" in that wiki talk page, why not? Any place=city/town
with admin_level=2 is a country capital. Any place=city/town/village
with admin_level=4 is a state capital (at least in Brazil). This would
remove the need for a capital=* tag. Non-capital cities would have
admin_level=8.

What happens if the place node has a different admin_level than
specified by the relation would be... totally application-specific.

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Andreas Goss <andi...@t-online.de> wrote:
>> "... Czech Republic taginfo=capital" what do you mean?
>

> Ooops. Must have deleted a line there. Bascally they are not using capital=
> at all apart for some exceptions as you can also see on taginfo.
>

>> We should probaby vote on this proposal now and make this the
>> default practice. This makes admin_level unnecessary on any place
>> nodes.
>

> In my opinion it is still flat out WRONG to use capital=[number] or
> admin_level=[number] on place nodes.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/capital#Combination_with_admin_level
> (see 5th comment by Marnen)

Fernando Trebien