On 09/07/2014 16:39, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
On 9 July 2014 16:24, Daniel Koć <dan...@xn--ko-wla.pl> wrote:
W dniu 09.07.2014 14:19, Matthijs Melissen napisał(a):
So - what about making the testing map and adding there all the already
documented features for the start? Maybe we should discuss it elsewhere,
because we're far from the tagging: what is a better place - talk list or
maybe carto issue tracker?
I think either the talk or the dev list. What you propose sounds like
a fork of the carto-stylesheet, so would by definition be out of scope
of the issue tracker.

Historically, the "standard" style was a "for mappers" style - it was designed to show features that mappers had mapped. That has been changing (largely without community involvement or review). I tried to kick off discussion here:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2014-June/070074.html

and would have welcomed input from the people changing the "standard" style from its previous purpose to explain exactly what they thought that the standard style was _for_. Unfortunately, none was forthcoming.

I would certainly welcome (on the talk list rather than the tagging list) some information about what the group of people currently editing the "standard" style are actually trying to achieve with it. It seems like the end goal is something a bit like what the Mapquestion Open style already provides (a summary of road information, not much else), which seems a curious design decision given that Mapquest Open tiles are already available as a style on the front page.

Cheers,

Andy