Exactly my point. In the UK you can be objective by linking it to the
presence of the sign, other countries may not use a sign. Having
established that such information ("this bridge requires you to slow
down to avoid being launched") may be useful in certain cases, now we
are trying to represent that information in OSM. The
reasonable_max_speed would be a start, but if it is accompanied by some
indication of WHY the speed is what it is, like
"reasonable_max_speed:reason=hump_bridge", then everybody could be
happy. OSM is essentially a 2D system. Whereas hazards like sharp bends
can possibly be derived from 2D information, anything significant in the
vertical plane needs all the help it can get, including hump bridges and
steep inclines.

I'm not sure where you are from Richard, but don't you agree a bridge
like this is asking for some special tag?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1263/1186115057_7f88a4aaed_o.jpg

Same applies as far as I'm concerned for dips and steep hills which
constitute a hazard. As they can't be derived from 2D geometry, let's
find a way of marking them explicitly. There has already been work done
on incline=*:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Incline

--colin