Hi Dan,

I realise that it's my fault for not being very clear from the beginning. I
think as John mentions, amenity=soapland is about right. I do suspect that the
establishments in Thailand are based on the same concept as those which exist
in Japan.

Should I create an entry in the wiki for this?

On 9/22/14 14:05, Dan S wrote:
> > On 21.09.2014 11:04, Dan S wrote:
> >>
> >> It looks like there's this tag, including a tag suggested for your
> >> specific issue:
> >> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dmassage
> >
> > please don't use shop=massage for this kind of places.
> >
> > I really don't want them to show up on a map next to Wat Pho massage just
> > because the map creator does not take into account some additional tagging
> > which says "yes, it's tagged as a massage, but this tag tells you it isn't".
> >
> > Additional tags can specify something further, but should not change the
> > meaning in general.
>
> The original message said this kind of place "offers bathing + massage
> services" plus the sexual stuff. My advice was based on that
> description. You seem to be saying that these places _don't_ offer
> massage services. I don't actually know which of these is true!
>
> Dan

Best regards
Mishari Muqbil
EE32 64BD 7D1F 5946