I feel the need for a landuse tag for governmental / administrative use,
maybe in the context of further civic use.

We do have office=administrative and office=government but no appropriate
tag for the land they stand on. Often such buildings are surrounded by
some land and often fenced off.

See an example here, an area with German immigration offices, currently
tagged as landuse=commercial, but this is not a commercial activity:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/275145898

Another complex of mostly ministry buildings. Only a few buildings
near Leipziger Platz are really commercial:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/47161385

For the Federal Chancellor's office, tagging landuse has simply been
avoided since there was enough decorative grass around:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/157390075

Tom