Dan S wrote on 2014-10-03 19:21:
Martin Koppenhoefer wrote on 2014-10-03 15:32:

I see the introduction of a new, more specific key positive, e.g.
landuse=public_administration

+1

I would have suggested landuse=civic. Looking at taginfo, I don't see
it in use, though there is a small number of landuse=civil already.
(Plus other stuff of course.......)

Civic makes sense as well, however would that not limit the type of offices to
municipal only, and exclude country government? My built-in Oxford defines:

civic: "of or relating to a city or town, esp. its administration; municipal"
       "of or relating to the duties or activities of people in relation
        to their town, city, or local area"
municipal: "of or relating to a city or town or its governing body"

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote on 2014-10-03 20:02:
> what about not-for-profit companies? NGOs etc.

landuse=organi[z|s]ational ? [oxford allows the 'z'-spelling for BrE, but 's'
as well]

could subsume greenpeaces, red crosses, civil defence, doctors without borders,
political parties, and maybe even the disputed religious organisations, what
else?