> On Jan 30, 2015, at 6:51 PM, althio <althio.fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> John Willis <jo...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Substance=gas
>> Substance:detailed:multiphase_gas
>> Substance:state=multi
>
> That is not coherent. Do you mean that (substance=gas) is for mainly
> gas or gas-only?
> If it is gas only (substance=gas), it can be multiple gaseous
> products. But it is not multiphase.
> And then state=gas, not state=multi.

Sorry, I was thinking of gas as a product (as in natural gas), not a state of
matter.

I was thinking of substance=* as a category (water, fuel, oil, gas, coolant,
etc etc

State would be multi.

>>> substance=multi is about OK as a shorthand. Using multi -- instead of
>>> actual values -- may also imply you are not going to give further
>>> detailed tagging.
>>> substance=multiphase is really awkward.
>>
>> I think it would be substance:detailed:multiphase_gas for a particular item,
>> not as a general description.
>>
>> Otherwise, it is multi for the state or matter... Right?
>
> Right, multi for state. My previous proposals were:
>
> 1.
> substance:state = * or substance:phase = *
> values limited to list eg.: gas, liquid, solid (cables), slurry
> (=liquid+solid particles), multi (=multiphase, mostly gas and liquid,
> possibly particles)
>
> 2.
> I advocated for
> phase/state=multi or multiphase
> substance=[multi-valued] eg. substance=oil;gas;water

+1

Substance=* should be a category
Substance:detailed=* exact value that is easily added by taggers
substance:state=* one of the 3 states, along with multi and slurry.  Solid is
assumed to be pneumatic then?

Javbw