On 29 January 2015 at 22:54, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/01/2015 5:07 AM, Rainer Fügenstein wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd like to repeat once again that "substance" doesn't seem to be a nice
>>> key descriptor for values like ...

>> content ... too static
>> medium ... too spooky
>> product ... is sewage a product?
>> type ... too generic and already in use

> I too am not comfortable with 'substance'  ... transports, carries,
> transmits, bears are possibilities...

I am OK with substance, content, medium or product.

>>> if this is the proper term used for pipelines, then this would be the
>>> right one,
>>
>> yes, "multiphase" is a term used in the oil&gas industry for exactly this,
>> uhm, substance.
>
> Good.

Not so good. ;)
substance=multi is about OK as a shorthand. Using multi -- instead of
actual values -- may also imply you are not going to give further
detailed tagging.
substance=multiphase is really awkward.

In a previous post I advocated for
phase/state=multi or multiphase
substance=[multi-valued] eg. substance=oil;gas;water